(Note: By Wang Daiyu I mean myself and not the famous scholar.)
Today I will be taking a break from regular blogging and will be going slightly off topic and talking about a few random things about life, Islam, America, China etc.
- Depending upon where you live you can see the most integrated and the most segregated mosques in the world in America. By that I mean one can see mosque where one can find people from only one ethnic group from a particular country who live in closed world. One can also see mosques with dozens of ethnicities praying and interacting with one another. Its just amazing.
- Indian pop culture’s global reach can be measured by the fact that the book “Dislocating China” about Chinese Muslims and other minorities has a small picture of one a movie poster of India’s most famous actor Mr. Bachan on the cover.
- I thought I had seen cold weather but the Midwest is crazy. In Twin Cities high temperature was -1 F a couple of days ago.
- In the coming weeks I will be tackling the controversial issue of Chinese Muslims in Malaysia. I used to think that Malaysia could be a model Muslim country but I have somewhat changed my opinion.
- When people think that they are invincible they need to be reminded the following inscription from Alhamra, “Only God is the victor.”